|PYPL being listed for the second time on NASDAQ|
Seldom is the case that you open an account twice for the same purpose and that too at NASDAQ. But PayPal is different in this case too. Paypal has been listed now on NASDAQ two times in as many decades. The first time was in 2002 and the latter was just yesterday. The celebrations were full throttle in its global offices including offices Bangalore and Chennai.Paypal has 1300 employees in India offices alone which is 10% of their entire workforce. People from all offices witnessed the listing with the tradition that been carried from a long time at NASDAQ, ringing the bell.
After riding along with eBay for more than a decade, Paypal got listed on NASDAQ Jul 20 2015. The numbers were impressive on its second opening at NASDAQ, Paypal is valued at over $50 Billion, higher than its former parent company eBay.
|Collage from Chennai Paypal Office|
PayPal is well-positioned to deliver the benefits of digital money to people around the world. In 2014, PayPal processed $235 billion in total payment volume and generated more than $8 billion in revenues. Also last year, PayPal processed $46 billion in mobile payment volume. The company serves more than 169 million active customer accounts in 203 markets around the world.
|Paypal India senior leadership team raising a toast|
Schulman continued: “We are focused on leveraging our strengths to drive long-term growth for our company and shareholders. PayPal is unique. We have a singular focus on digital payments, deep commitment to customer service, a drive for innovation and a technology agnostic platform that creates value for our consumers and merchants online, in apps, and increasingly in stores.”
|The moment of joy for Paypal - PYPL|
Paypal India is a great place to work at.
- Diversity: The workforce at Paypal is as diverse as its customer base. Paypal has reduced the gender gap and gets its women technologists to the forefront.
- Maternity support: Paypal realised that they tend to lose a significant number of women in the workforce once they get pregnant and have children. Paypal ensures that women feel encouraged and support them during the time with following benefits:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Cab rides for women in their third trimester to and fro the office
- Top Gynaecologist in-house to see to mothers’/ women’s needs.
- Happiness Fun culture to inculcate innovation:
- Spice Club
- Afternoon socials
- Diet Kitchen & gyms